Sunday, January 9, 2011

treasure hunting

It's the last day my daughter is here for her Christmas break, so in spite of our balmy -11 degrees weather, we decided to visit a few of the local antique shops. At Past Reflections in downtown Montevideo, we found the perfect old headboard for Pliny's room and a gorgeous old lamp at Prairie Mercantile was just right for beside the bed.  The shade needs replacing or removal but I love the detail on the top of this old iron lamp.



It has the same motif as the chairs in the room, some type of mythological creature, maybe a griffin?

Yesterday my daughter found two perfect lamps for either side of the sofa at the Treasure Stop, above the Dollar Stop in downtown Granite Falls.
I love finding these wonderful things so close to home, so much more fun than a furniture store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gnomes and I love to read your comments!