Monday, November 7, 2011

My Favorite Tree

I love all trees and don't want to make the others on my property jealous.  But my favorite one is the big oak outside of my living room window.  At least I think it's an oak tree, I'm not very educated on tree species. 
Fall used to be my favorite time of the year growing up in Minnesota.  After moving back here full time, I find that it is again.  Last year, the colors were disappointing.  The leaves blew off the trees very early in the season.  I think my tree knew I wasn't happy about that and is making up for it this year.  It's November 7th and my favorite tree is still full of glorious color!  Below is the view out my window.

The gnomes have their very own entrance.
My tree provides shade for a sitting area in front of the house.
Thank you for a perfect end to a perfect fall in Minnesota!


5 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have such a gorgeous old soul right next to your bedroom window, they are magical aren't they. Is it a good climbing tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, trees are magical and this one entertains me all year with squirrels doing acrobatics and birds making it their home. At age 61, think I'll leave the climbing to somebody else, but looks like it could be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for the mention on your facebook page!! I don't have many facebook friends but I will 'like' your shop on mine!! And - nah, never stop climbing trees I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog...I have been reading through yours and I love it...You would love my place it is surrounded by oaks...and it can be beautiful but so many leaves fall!! LOL.. Looking forward to more of your posts...I love how you described which gnomes went with people and who didn't...

    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete

The Gnomes and I love to read your comments!