Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gnome Homes above downtown Granite Falls

Our family had a tour of the upstairs of the Second Time Around shop in downtown Granite Falls.  It's been virtually untouched for years and our imaginations are full of ideas for it's potential uses.  However, in the end we decided the price is too high and we'll have to leave it for the gnomes.  Surely they have moved in up there!
I didn't take a photo of the exterior that day, but this one shows part of the building on the far left, with the boarded up windows upstairs.  I think there would be river views from those windows but couldn't tell.
These are photos of the interior, obviously the space was always used for offices, and from the back it seems there were once two buildings combined into one.







The basement if also fascinating, especially this old sign painted onto the wall-
The main floor is a nicely remodeled space, but of course we like the older interesting stuff better!  If any of my readers are interested in this building contact me and I'll put you in touch with the seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gnomes and I love to read your comments!